Extra Life Game Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets get rockin.

4 posters

Go down

Lets get rockin. Empty Lets get rockin.

Post  adam.shornys Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 am

Hey guys, as I previously mentioned in the introducing thread, I'm Adam Shornys, I am a trance / progressive house producer and I've been producing music for 4 years now. I have tracks released on various labels under my own name and my trance group project known as "Adastra". My tracks have been supported by Mark Pledger (Anjuna Worldwide), Mango (Mango Alley / Silk), Neil Moore, Ashley Wallbridge (Armada). Now i say none of this to brag, only to show how serious i am about music production and what i do. I plan on doing alot of sound design/music production for this project.

If anyone would be interested in working on ideas/projects with me you are more then welcome, no matter how skilled with the software or musically inclined. Theres a few things i wanna throw out there, that if met, would make the whole process go a lot smoother.

- My primary DAW is Ableton Live. I know that program inside and out. That is my software of choice for producing, and if others used it it would make sharing projects/ideas go alot smoother. Another option we have is FL studio. Like alot of other producers, i started out on FL studio so i know that program up and down aswell, its just my preference lies with Ableton. Now when it comes down to what i'll use for these projects, will mearly be a case of what others want to use. If you prefer FL, and so does another guy, I'll use FL.
- Plugins are a different story, they are easy to buy/download. so we will discuss that later.
- I plan on setting up a dropbox account for projects/midi files/patches/soundbites. If you are unfamiliar with dropbox, id google it, and youll find its a great tool for sharing ideas. Me and the fellows i produce with use it daily. It essentially syncs a folder from your desktop + other peoples desktop to one FTP, that way, if you start a project and save it in the dropbox folder on your pc, it will sync with the server and show on your friends computer. I dont know what the actual technical name for a service like that is called, i just did my best to explain it haha.
- as far as a style goes, thats completely up in the air at this point, im just starting projcects of all styles, from final fantasy type battle music to happy go lucky melodies using 8 bit plugins. So lets just see where everything takes us.

thats all for now, im sure ill edit this/update it as i gather ideas and more people show support. feel free to PM me or email shornysama@gmail.com

cheers! and i look forward to working on this!

adam.shornys
adam.shornys

Back to top Go down

Lets get rockin. Empty Re: Lets get rockin.

Post  DoctorRheet Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Awesome, I'll look up some of your work sometime.
What are the advantages that Ableton has over FL Studio?
Also, the type of game needs to be decided before you go off making your strange, beautiful music. I dig your enthusiasm though.
DoctorRheet
DoctorRheet

Back to top Go down

Post  adam.shornys Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 pm

DoctorRheet wrote:
What are the advantages that Ableton has over FL Studio?

I could go on probably for a while about why i prefer ableton, but I wanna stress that im not one who shares the idea that FL is a "toy". FL has this bad rap about being for noobs, and not a professional peice of software. I think FL can stand shoulder to shoulder with any program, depending on whos using it. I know world class producers who use FL.

with that being said a couple things off the top of my head, the plugins that are available out of the box with ableton I find are of a higher quality than FL's. Also, im not sure if this is just me making stuff up, i find when i have like 50 tracks going, ableton seems to be able to take alot more punishment before it starts to bog down. Maybe thats just my pc, could be the opposite for others. Another thing is my personal work flow, I find once i have a general idea laid out, i can really get through a track alot faster in FL. Everything seems more at my finger tips, but again, thats only personal preference. One advantage FL has over ableton IMO is the piano roll, it seems alot easier to work with.

In the end, its really only about whats coming out of the monitors, so to each their own right? I'll often finding myself opening FL in the middle of an ableton project to do something really quick, render out a clip and import it in ableton, and vice versa.
adam.shornys
adam.shornys

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 pm

I looked up some of your stuff, listened to a few tracks and they were pretty good! I'll have to look into Ableton; I've used garageband quite a few years ago and graduated to FL studio about two years back. I only dabble in music composing on the side for fun though. I might whip up a few gamey sounding bits for fun and make a post - maybe we can work together on a piece!
jordan
jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkEdward Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

I use reason 5, which I know can be rewired to ableton... I could figure out how to do that and then send you the files after I saved them. Or you could download reason and I could just send you the files directly from reason? I''m trying to find a good torrent for Ableton right now.

LinkEdward

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum