Extra Life Game Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a little sample

3 posters

Go down

Just a little sample Empty Just a little sample

Post  jordan Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 am

Hey everyone, if you haven't read my post in the "getting to know you" thread, well, my name is Jordan. My main focus on the project will most likely be making and animating menu and UI and creating some elements artwork wise. However, I also dabble in composing music from time to time (mostly industrial with elements of trance) and I decided to whip up a little game style music.

Now, I've never done anything in this type of genre, but I think what I came up with turned out alight. I'll let you guys be the judge though.

Download Link:
www.mediafire.com/?duay4lnwt14afs9

I tried going for a classic game with a bit of an 8-bit sound but mixed with some electronica style elements (basically I wasn't trying to make this sound like a midi file). Anyway, it's not a full song but I only spent around 2 hours on it total. Another hour of composing and it could easily be a full length song though. Well, that's about it. I'd love to hear all of your feedback and criticism (constructive or otherwise).
jordan
jordan

Back to top Go down

Just a little sample Empty Re: Just a little sample

Post  adam.shornys Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Hey dude, I'll check out this link as soon as I'm bak at the studio tonight! I'd love to collab on some pieces. I'll shoot you a Pm later.
adam.shornys
adam.shornys

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey, just spent a few hours making a some more tune samples. I figured I'd make it easier and just embed them in a player on a page I'm hosting.

http://www.jordanneff.com/elgp/music/

The first one, "battle theme" is definitely more 8-bit sounding, I figure something like that could work if we go with an RPG, although I can always rework it and make it less 8-bit sounding that fits another genre.

The second one, "evil lair" has a foreboding feeling to it, kind of like you're somewhere dangerous and shit is about to go down. So that's why I called it evil lair. It could probably work with multiple genres.

The third one is the same thing I posted above.

EDIT: Adam, let me know if you want the flp files. Maybe you can spice them up or make some changes and see how it comes out. Surprised
jordan
jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  brycehalda Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:57 pm

I like them a lot

brycehalda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down